Home Gear Aspen Mountain Fire Likely Cause By Cigarette Butt Tossed From Gondola

Aspen Mountain Fire Likely Cause By Cigarette Butt Tossed From Gondola

0
37

“Locals and guests alike are encouraged to smoke away from flammable terrain and always dispose of cigarettes in fire safe containers, and ensure that any open flame is fully extinguished. Nothing should ever be thrown out of the gondola windows.” –Aspen Skiing Co

A small fire on Aspen Mountain’s Ridge of Bell was likely caused by a cigarette butt tossed from a gondola according to a press release from Aspen Skiing Co.

The July 9th fire was responded to by Aspen Patrol summer rangers and quickly extinguished but Skico wants to emphasized the importance of fire safety. Even with the recent and forecasted precipitation, wildfires remain a “real and present threat” to the land.

Don’t be a knucklehead, if you smoke cigs in the mountains dispose of them properly.

images from aspensnowmass fb

This article was originally published by Unofficialnetworks.com. Read the original article here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here